Here are two great guides on caring for your Chromexcel leather from Ashland Leather (they work for Horween):
For Horween Essex, Dublin, and Derby leather I recommend following Ashland Leather's guides for Shell Cordovan leather:
Hermann Oak Bridle or Veg-Tan Leather
Lexol NF Neatsfoot Leather Dressing (Amazon) is a great conditioner for bridle or veg-tan leather. To Use:
- Wipe the leather down with a clean cloth or fine horsehair brush, to remove any surface dirt.
- Apply a very small amount of Lexol NF to a clean cloth. An old t-shirt works great.
- Rub slowly into the leather in a circular motion.
- After the Lexol NF dries for 20-30 minutes buff with a clean cloth.
- Polish your leather with a horsehair brush. (optional)